Get the most storage for your buck with the SR 6300, a 4U chassis with 36 3.5" disks at 6Gb/s, based on the Coraid SRX 6300.
- SuperMicro SC216A-R900LPB 2U Chassis (SAS216A)
- SuperMicro X9DRH-iF Motherboard
- 2 SuperMicro SNK-P0048PS Heatsink (Socket 2011)
- 2 Intel Xeon E5–2620 2.0Ghz @ 1333MT/s (Sandy Bridge)
- 4 2GB Registered ECC (RDIMM) @ 1333MT/s 1x8 CL9
- 3 SuperMicro AOC-S2308L-L8I SAS Controller
- InnoDisk D150SV-L 2GB SATADOM (w/2-wire power cable)
- SuperMicro CBL–0234L 6" HDD Power Y-Splitter Cable
- 6 75 cm. iPASS/iPASS Cable (SFF–8087)
Warning: Coraid is not currently compatible with backplane expanders.
- Unpack chassis; discard barebones system flyer.
- Remove retaining screws and remove top cover. Do not remove protective wrapping.
- Remove air shroud and packing material from inside of chassis.
- Replace installed I/O shield with one provided by motherboard. Remove IPMI LAN, USB 2, USB 3, and GLAN2 covers.
- Install provided stands in positions G‘, H’, and Y’.
- Move installed stands from Q→F‘, R→J’, and S→Z. A total of nine stands should be installed.
- Install motherboard; all jumpers should be at default positions.
- Install CPUs and heatsinks. RDIMMs should be installed to P1-DIMMA1, P1-DIMMB1, P2-DIMME1, and P2-DIMMF1.
- Install SAS controllers in CPU1 SLOT1, CPU1 SLOT2, and CPU1 SLOT3. Add-on cards (i.e. NICs) should be installed starting at CPU2 SLOT7 in descending order.
- Install SATADOM in I-SATA0.
- Install Chassis Intrusion to JL1 and Front Panel Control to JF1.
- Connect ATX power to J22, JPWR1, and JPWR2. Connect I2C from power supply to JPIC21. Fans should be connected to FAN1, FAN2, and FAN3.
- Connect power to forward backplane. Suggested order (from left to right, oriented as below) is: PK, PL, PI, PJ, PG, PH.
- Install Molex Y cable to rightmost connector (i.e. PH); connect power to SATADOM Molex extension. Connect power to SATADOM.
- Install iPASS/iPASS cables. Controllers should be populated by installing an iPASS connector in the topmost port first. Cable excess should be managed in the forward cavity.
- Install air shroud; break off section closest to ATX power. Section E should be adjusted to position A, section B adjusted to position 2.
- Replace cover; secure with screws removed in Step 2.
Have any questions?
Contact us for assitance any time.